SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im interested in getting some pegs for my car. i just want 17's and i looked at the demensions. they are 17x8 rims (boston volvo OEM) and 17x7.5 on ipd. i currently have 17x7 rims. if i were to get a set would it be possible to transfer my 215/45/zr17 onto the pegs? or would new tires be needed? also i have a question about offset. IPD says 38mm but im not sure of the OEM's offset as well as my current offset. i have Mille Miglia Ravia rims, is there a place on the inside of the rim that specifies the offset? because i want to make sure i dont do any rubbing ect.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: rims? (KurT5)

OEM Pegs will fit your car and so will the IPD replica Pegs. <p>IPDs Pegs will fit your car better because they are less wide and you will experience less wheel rub or non at all. With OEM Pegs you may experience some rubbing depending on your car. Some people get rub others don't. Of course spacers would cure the problem for sure.<p>Don't worry about the offset. IPD chose 38mm because it made for a much better fitment. OEM Pegs are at 46mm but these were designed for an S60.<p>Your existing tires will fit too. Though the profile is tad off from stock so I am guessing currently your speedo is reading a touch low. 40 series tires would bring you closer to the stock diameter.<p>

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

Go with the IPD Pegs, 7.5 will work MUCH better with 215s

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: rims? (JRL)

roger roger got it. now all i have to do is grow the money tree to buy them. i got new tires and they said that i have 3 bents rims. they didnt say bent like dinged or they arent even that bad but idk maybe its time for the Ravias to go an pegs replace em. Idk if they mean that the rim is no longer "true" to the center or what but either way the car still rides fine its just a nice excuse to get some pegs haha

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

Mosrt of us are driving around with a bent rim or two, if they balance out OK and the car doesn't shake, <U>there is nothing wrong with continuing to use them.</U><br>(You put the worst on the rear)

·
Registered
1998 V70 T5 with factory m56h; 18t, Green injectors, 50% e85
2,440 Posts
Re: rims? (JRL)

For the record: I've got new 215 x 45 x 17" General Exclaim UHP's on 8" wide OEM Pegs and no rub at full lock either direction.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: rims? (pelicanflyt)

got ya. yea im happy to know that if i do end up getting new rims that the current tires will fit. i just had 215/45/R17 cooper zeon's put on my car a week ago so yea. but idk if ill be getting new rims. i have had comments on my rims mostly good but i get the occasional "they belong on a mustang" simply because they look in some way similar to what was on the billet mustangs. I do enjoy them and i know that i have had 1 decently ehh bent rim. but i was shocked to hear that 1 was perfect and the other 3 had imperfections. with a mix of someone who shall remain nameless driving the car with 22psi in the tires to baltimore and then the lovely NY roads i guess its to be expected. I dont have the money for new rims right now but i was looking into them depending if i wanted to keep the current rims or get a new set

1 - 7 of 7 Posts