SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WHEELS - What would you buy?

So if you were going to purchase some new WHEELS what would you buy. Currently have the stock 18" anthracite pegs. All 4 have slight bends. Will more than likely get them repaired but may get another set of Wheels to put on. I look online all the time but am picky as to what the look will be. Budget of $1200 but would like it to be less. Also will keep it at 18".

·
Registered
520 Posts
Budget?

·
Registered
520 Posts
19 inch VST Monoblocks would get my vote for the best looking wheel on an R
Wholeheartedly agree! That's why I asked about budget- they aint cheap but sure R purdy!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Why would you only buy the rims? Pretty sure you'd need the rest of the wheels too.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it possible to get something for $1200 or less?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wholeheartedly agree! That's why I asked about budget- they aint cheap but sure R purdy!
I also agree they are purdy! Hard for me to justify.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Vanilla Performance BRC 19X8.5 +30 Gunmetal Personal favorite
Love the monoblocks too though

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
team dynamics from viva are about the only show in the game for that price.

if you are bending wheels that easily it may be time to lower the tire pressure a little or drop down to some 17" pegs for a little while?

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Wheels, not Rims. Rims is the outer most part of the wheel, which consists of both inner and outer parts of the lip. These hold more true when you talk about high quality multi-piece wheels. Please use the word "wheel" instead of rim, it's the basis of using those terms correctly. Saying only the "rims" is like referring to the entire wheel by the words; spoke, center-caps. Which don't make sense, especially to true car enthusiasts. Hence this response (which you didn't get btw):

Why would you only buy the rims? Pretty sure you'd need the rest of the wheels too.
Sorry for the Wiki LOL, just a pet peeve of mine.

Anyway about wheels and available designs, there's a few threads which includes the latest IPD Survey about which wheel design they should carry in the future. I'll see if I can find the thread.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
was thinking about a pair for winter but not sure how well the finish would hold up being painted.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I was thinking of getting I would eventually get either one of these: all 18" and under 1k

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
1 - 20 of 97 Posts