SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

New to the forum but I've been doing alot of research on here and I think I've put together what I want to do to my car. I wanted to run it by some more experienced folks before i drop the money.

It's an 01 S60 T5

Im looking at putting on Sparco Assetto Gara Rims 18x8 with a +45 offset
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&autoMake=Volvo&autoModel=S60+T5&autoYear=2001&autoModClar=&initialPartNumber=W29039501B&i1_Qty=4&wheelMake=Sparco&wheelModel=Assetto+Gara&wheelFinish=Black+Painted&wheelFinish=Black+Painted&showRear=no

I havent heard much about this Sparco brand, if anyone can speak to the quality of them that would be great.

What concerns me is I have some pretty knobby snow tires on Tethys wheels right now and they rub at full lock.

Going a half inch wider and changing the offset by 4mm I'm worried that might not work out.

Lastly I hope to lower the car 1.25 or so (what ever the eibach kit comes to most likely) will that work well with this rim set up?

I everyone probably asks these questions but I couldn't find any definitive answers and I want to make sure before I drop 1300$ on the wrong thing.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
never hear of sparco wheels, i deal with them with my performance shop but didnt see wheels before. Look good btw.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I like the wheels. How old are your shocks and struts? maybe you would want to get new ones with the lowering springs.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice wheel, 1300 is cheap
Are your current wheel/tire combo rubbing inside or outside?
Is the offset changing plus or minus 4mm?

Tire rack is very good, if they say they will fit, they'll fit

Tire rack also sells lowering springs for your car, both Eibach and h&r are good products. If your wanting something more extreme they also offer KW coilovers - I have run these on a previous car and was very happy with them.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yuck he/she ruined that Sonic 60. The spoiler is gross and the exhaust ehh about 4" too long and the silver fender stripe??? Black would've been better to match the rims. Speaking of the rims they do look pretty darn good though. I would imagine you'd need a good spacer set, I run 9" wide rims with +38 offset and no spacers and the outer edge is maybe 3-4 mm from being exactly flush so you do have room on the outer edge to take care of inside rubbing at locks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like I should get this order together asap then. I will have to check if i am rubbing inside or outside edge at lock, im thinking it is most likely inside.

Thanks for the heads up on the lowering springs being available on Tire rack, I think that's going to have to be included now, its too convenient.

Any opinions on the Eibach springs? how is the ride quality on them? Do they lower the 1.2" they claim?

I'm not sure as to the condition of my shocks/struts. the ride doesnt feel bad but i bought the car at 112k miles so its hard to say.

I definitely dont have the funds to pull off coilovers, though that would be nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts