SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am looking for a used winter tire package for my 1999 V70 GLT on Kijij. Have been doing some research for the past few days and I'm still not sure what is the correct spec for rim/wheel/tire?

Winter tire size: 195/60/R15 or 195/65/R15?
Bolt Pattern: 5x108 mm
Offset: 34-45 mm ?
Center Bore: ?
Backspacing: ?

Also, I was told that hub-centric are better than lug-centric, but most of the aftermarket rims are lug-centric because they are built to fit wheel hubs of various sizes. So, do I need to buy an extra ring (or adapter) for lug-centric rims?

Thanks in advance!

Phil

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Offset should be closer to 40

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
You don't have to buy hub rings, but if someone uses a rattle gun to lock the wheel down with the first nut, it'll be slightly off center. Carefully starting the nuts one at a time and gently tightening them in a star pattern will center the wheel just as good as a centering ring.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Hi all,

I am looking for a used winter tire package for my 1999 V70 GLT on Kijij. Have been doing some research for the past few days and I'm still not sure what is the correct spec for rim/wheel/tire?

Winter tire size: 195/60/R15 or 195/65/R15? Neither. 185/65/15 is OE spec for snow tires.
Bolt Pattern: 5x108 mm Yup
Offset: 34-45 mm ? OE 15x6.5" wheels are ET+43
Center Bore: ? 65.1mm
Backspacing: ? Depends on the width of the rim and offset. For a 6.5" wide rim with ET+43, backspacing would be 5.44"

Also, I was told that hub-centric are better than lug-centric, but most of the aftermarket rims are lug-centric because they are built to fit wheel hubs of various sizes. So, do I need to buy an extra ring (or adapter) for lug-centric rims?

Thanks in advance!

Phil
If you buy lug-centric wheels, buy a set of centering rings to adapt the wheel's hub bore down to the stock 67.1mm. They're cheap enough, I wouldn't bother running aftermarket wheels with out them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts