SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has curbed all my rims. Is it cheaper to buy new like the ipd pegesus or cheaper to repair I'm in Atlanta. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I'm guessing repair is always cheaper.

You could repair them yourself then repaint them yourself, or you can repair yourself and send them off to get powdercoated or a mix of other options. Each wheel is about 297 + shipping (tasca.com), I bet repairing/refinishing will be under 300 per rim so to answer directly, repair is cheaper than replace.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am in this boat right now, and after checking around, it is about 100 a rim to refinish and paint. Seems it is twice that to do powdercoat here in VIRGINIA.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Local detail shop quoted me $80 per wheel to refinished a slightly curbed wheel.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
I'd get a new wife, while probably not cheaper, your current/ future wheels will thank you :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats crazy I might as well buy hyper silver r rims from IPD they are only 188 each LOL.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
LOL no way man ahhaaaaaa
Hehehehe.

The iPd replica wheels don't look right to me. They aren't exact replicas, yet to only us true Volvo nuts would they be noticeable.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
My wife has curbed all my rims. Is it cheaper to buy new like the ipd pegesus or cheaper to repair I'm in Atlanta. Thanks.
You can typically get a refurbished wheel for 200$.. Go to a local body shop and get some quotes... Might be way less, as long as damage is minimal.

Stop letting your wife drive your car, or have her take driving lessons. I haven't curbed a wheel in 3 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts