SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Re: Rim offset?? (mad_dog_weederman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>mad_dog_weederman</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Howdy all, I am looking at new rims.. what offset is recommeded for an R? 42?/ will 38 work??? <p></TD></TR></TABLE><p>You can run 38-48 mm offset depending on the wheel width and X factor. Best to insure that the wheel has been used on an R as the main issue is generally caliper clearance, which is not solely determiend by offset and wheel width. X factor is the term used to describe the clearance required to accomodate the oversize Brembo caliper.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Rim offset?? (Scott Hart)

Scott, <br>Thanks for the info. I think i am gonna keep the "R" rims and have them poweder coated. Any suggestions on tire size. want to go up one size on width... prob. need to add spacers?? <br>Thanks , Dennis<p>

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
235s are plenty. guys with fast s4s are using 225s

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Re: Rim offset?? (mad_dog_weederman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>mad_dog_weederman</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Scott, <br>Thanks for the info. I think i am gonna keep the "R" rims and have them poweder coated. Any suggestions on tire size. want to go up one size on width... prob. need to add spacers?? <br>Thanks , Dennis<p></TD></TR></TABLE><p>Generally speaking we don't recommend going any wider than the stock 235's as the cars already suffer from rubbing due to the width of the tires. I have seen some posts from members running 245's, but we do not have any direct hands on experience with that. If you poke around here a bit using the search function, you may find more info or if you're not in a big hurry, I'm sure someone who has tried it will eventually reply. <BR><BR>
<i>Modified by Scott Hart at 8:35 AM 8-20-2008</i>

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (Impulse922)

wow, 225's.. .. I just hate that there is no overhang of rubber past the wheel lip. No protection from curbs.. Well, i guess i should stay away from curbs then.. <br>ok.. thanks..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts