SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when turing right i hear a grinding sound coming from the front right wheel. i first noticed the problem leaving a parking garage a few months ago. i didnt think much of it and consulted a master tech who told me not to worry about it "its probly a rock stuck in there". i was driving with the windows down yesterday and heard it again on a fast long right off an exist ramp so i went to a parking lot and it only did it when turning right no noise when turing left. also the noice it didn't happen every time i turned right just sometimes. any one out there have an idea of what i may need or if it really is nothing?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have noise issues when turning but it's just the tires rubbing on the inner fenders. Which is a known issue with our cars.

But I too have a strange sound 'sometimes' when I turn right. Only at lower speeds and seems to happen when the road is uneven. Usually in a parking lot.
Its hard to describe but it's like a sudden Loud deep mono tone vibration sound. Like a subwoofer making a single tone sound for a second or two. (and no its not my stereo makin weird sounds..lol)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine is less of a mono and more of a choppy grinding sound

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a similar issue. I am a new Volvo owner (2007 S40). I have a lot of experience with domestic vehicles but never with a Volvo.

I am having a grinding/vibration noise coming from the front right when turning right...almost always when accelorating. When I purchased the vehicle earlier this year the dealership said they replaced both front end half-shafts.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue? Was the original issue resolved?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry for my absences but i got the noise sorted out the shield behind the brake rotor was loose and it was a very simple fix

1 - 7 of 7 Posts