SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im embarrassed to ask this but i'm kind of stumped. Low coolant light on the S60. Grabbed a couple used ones from JY and purchased a new OEM blue box level sensors. None of them made the light go away. The coolant level is correct. I installed a new Behr expansion tank a month ago and the float is working just fine. I did have that leak with the small hose under the intake and the tank did run empty a couple of times. I installed the new OEM sensor today and the light wont go off. I also disconnected the battery and cleared the ECU. This is driving me nuts !!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add i did make sure the sensor was seated all the way in. And also used dielectric grease at the plug. Does anyone have specs of what i should see at the sensor and harness plugs when i put my multimeter on them ?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wanted to update this thread. Turned out to be 2 bad brand new Behr expansion tanks from Advance Auto was the cause. The floats moved up and down as they should. But something in the magnets in the floats were bad. I finally swapped a tank from one of the S70's and all is well now. Must have been a bad batch from MFG (that was the last thing on my mind of what could be wrong). So just ordered a OEM from FCP to put back into the S70. My advice.....stay OEM on things as critical as cooling components.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Good grief. It is hard enough to locate a problem and fix it with a new part, without having to wonder if the new part meets specifications and will actually work OK in the application. Good to know that you got the issue resolved. It sounds like you spent considerable time on a problem that should have taken an hour to diagnose and repair.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the same problem with the Behr tank I bought from FCP Euro. FCP Euro stopped selling the part a month after I purchased it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts