SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many others I've upgraded my '05 V70 2.5TAWD with a 16T. And like most of them, I run a RICA Stage 2 tune on it. My setup is completed with:
- EST Ultra-flo air intake
- SNABB intake
- Ferrita 3" downpipe
- EST catback
(stock injectors, TCV and Intercooler)

I asked RICA for a Stage 3 tune and they tell me they NEVER made it for a P2 LPT + 16T !
Really??! Nobody runs a Stage 3 with that kind of setup?

I know Stage 2 (even stock tune!) works well with a 16T but could a Stage 3 - or a more "custom tune" like - gives better results in engine/turbo/AFR managing? It would cost 200$ for the upgrade.

And what an injectors upgrade (for Blue ones) would bring to y setup?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks OR.
Who's running a Custom tune (or Stage 3) with their LPT/16T? What are the benefits or gain?

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
I think the cylinder walls of the 2.5L engine are too thin to withstand more than Stage 2.

If you want to take your car above and beyond, look for a T5 with the 2.3L or sleeve your current motor.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
201 Posts
My 99XC with 16t at 17psi was running pretty sharp, very nice... EGT's made me pull it back down even though compressor chart showed it should be within reason. Short point I'm making is numbers on paper only translate to real world so much. 15 psi was more torque and better EGT's even though a PR at 17psi should have been acceptable.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Ok… Tell me more about issues/broken parts you had.
• The joys of running an experimental tune for Australian hot climates.
• 22psi spikes in boost and blowoff valve not knowing what to do
• Losing boost at temperatures above 32c degrees (6 months of every year)
• Blown gearbox
Just to name a few :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
You really don't want to go to Stage 3.

If you do, go to the R forum (same 2.5L blocks) and read about what it takes to do a reliable Stage 3. Tigers1981 and Boosted come to mind.

Not worth it nor the potential aggravation.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
What kind of power / performance will the Stage 2 tune get you? And does it require the 16T or does it usually run on the stock turbo?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What kind of power / performance will the Stage 2 tune get you? And does it require the 16T or does it usually run on the stock turbo?
Sorry but you better start à new thread for this or search on the tuner's web sites!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well… Since RICA never did it they can't answer me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts