SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Because I'll have more time and money to devote to my car ('06 S40, 112k miles) this year, I've decided to make a progression thread. I've been a member since 2006 and have been inactive for the past couple of years while in college.

The car has been through a ton of cosmetic changes over the years (for better and worse), as I haven't had much as much interest in speed gains (I'll leave that to madden, ForceFed, and all you other speed demons). I'm planning to head in an OEM+ direction with the look of my car (think Gene's grey S40 or project92raddoslc and Moofluffen's stanced S40s).

This will be an ongoing thread, so it will disappear and reappear as funds/changes occur. For now, I'll leave a short list of the things I've done and would like to do. This is as much for whoever wants to keep up with it as it is for me to have a place to inventory my ideas and receive feedback from time to time.

Please feel free to critique/comment--every bit of advice helps!

Current Set-Up:
<strike>Evolve/Elevate full body kit sans rear deck lip</strike> OEM lower trim
OEM egg-crate grille
OEM bars, <strike>basket</strike>, and bike rack
OEM Tails
35% tint
5000k HID's
Painted brakes (black with white Volvo decals)
OEM 18" BBS Medeas <strike>(FS pending new wheel arrival)</strike>
<strike>Goodyear Eagle GT 215/45s</strike> Falken 612's 225/40/18
<strike>Quad, staggered tips</strike> Hidden exhaust
De-badged
Sport steering wheel
Interior LED conversion (white)
Leather gear shift knob
Evolve/Elevate rear sway bar
Eurosport strut bar
Eurosport cat-back exhaust
Mazda 3 lower engine mount
Adjustable camber kit
Removed all stickers + europlate
Mazda 3 ST Coilovers
iPd HD Endlinks
Nordic Oak Interior
OEM Mudflaps
OEM fogs with Hoen H11 yellows

On Order:
<strike>18x8.5 et 40 mystery wheels (ETA: 2-3 weeks)</strike> Fell through :thumbdown:

To do:
Repair holes in trunk and repaint (from rear deck lip)
Rolled rear fenders
OEM floor mats (replacing Evolve floor mats)
iPd or OEM skid plate
Elevate complete brake system?
Small dent repairs on body

Thanks for looking!!

Pics will follow.

Rush :beer::beer:

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
I'm going to have to keep my eyes on this thread too, let's see those pics! I've been thinking of doing something similar with a progression thread. For me, the T5 is enough to have fun but get me in trouble, so most of my mods have been cosmetic/handling too.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
I'm in, get some before pics up so we can see the start of ur transformation :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,007 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some extremely early pictures (I'll let the pictures tell the story up to where I am now):

Since these, I've removed the Evolve/Elevate spoiler and replaced the Dubstep grille with the Viva badgeless egg-crate. Additionally, the brakes have been painted black with white Volvo decals.

Hopefully the newer pictures will be more exciting and better quality.

Cheers!

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Looks terrible, glad your changing it... Just kidding u have a pretty amazing start haha. But I'm picky too so change is always fun.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
subscribed!
car looks dope to begin with. looking forward to seeing updates and the "mystery" wheels!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Also looking forward to "mystery" wheels... looks good!

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
pull that volvo badge off too!
I think that's opposite of the idea, but we'll see where this project goes!

I've kind of done a similar approach with my car, I want people to know it's a nice looking Volvo, not some debaged tuner car a kid would drive. Though, I have done some things that I later un-did...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think that's opposite of the idea, but we'll see where this project goes!
Actually, it's not strictly an OEM reversion, but instead OEM with a classy twist. I've been wondering if I should remove the badge or not. Any more thoughts?

Thanks for the interest and comments everyone!

·
Registered
152 Posts
debadging the rear of my friend's s40 is definitely one of the best things we've ever done to it. i still get taken by surprise when someone says nice volvo when we roll by them

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Rush's S40 has always been one of my favorites. :) Beautiful, clean, balanced. I'm excited to see the new progression.

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
Rush's S40 has always been one of my favorites. :) Beautiful, clean, balanced. I'm excited to see the new progression.
Back at you man. Means a lot.
Both of you guys, plus Martin and Kyle, have some of the cars that really define the S40/V50 section of SwedeSpeed. They're those cars that we have all seen pictures of, and where many look for inspiration. When I think of the "cool kids in the SwedeSpeed club" I think of y'all. :cool:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Can I be in the club too yous guys? Lol!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can I be in the club too yous guys? Lol!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
I think people have been left in the dark too long--it's about time you put up some solid pictures. Those few in the "what did you do" thread were just a tease.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts