SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-

Just wanted to review my recent purchase of the Snabb turbo intake pipe for the C30.

As you all know, this is a 3" pipe, and it truly is 3" all the way (no indentations like some pipes). I kept my stock airbox setup in place as I merely wanted a bit more growl when getting on the gas and hoped for a bit more response.

From my initial contact with Kristian (the owner) at Snabb, I was very impressed with his response time to questions and his professionalism. I asked a few questions and he always answered them completely.

When I did order, the process was simple and his site worked well. I received the pipe a few days later and was very impressed with the care taken to package and protect all of the pieces. The box was oversized and well-padded. The hose couplers, band clamps and even the directions were all shrink-wrapped and sealed.

After tearing into the goodies:

Installation was as expected and went without a hitch. There was one step that called for the reuse of a bolt to secure the pipe to the engine block. I did not have that bolt (indicated as being an existing bolt). Luckily, I had an extra kicking around that did fit. I let Kristian know about this (another member here ran into the same problem) and he said that he would likely start including that bolt with future orders. :thumbup:

You can see from the before and after that the pipe is much larger, and obviously much cooler looking. :)

The quality of the pipe itself is very nice. There are no welds anywhere; it is one piece and very light. The silicone hoses are of good quality and the addition of Snabb logos make them look even more professional. My hose clip fit perfectly onto the nipples, no issues there, either.

After one week with the pipe, I am very happy. I definitely notice more growl from under the hood when stepping on it. Response seems a bit improved, though I don't really hammer the car to appreciate it, I'm sure.

I would highly recommend Snabb to you all, if for no other reason than to support a local, small business dedicated to good customer service and offering aftermarket Volvo parts - a limited market, as we all know!

Hope this helps anyone thinking of purchasing a pipe. :thumbup:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Is it pretty much a "plug and play" part?

How long was the install?

Price?

It looks really nice...I'm considering one now that I've seen it installed in your C30.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it pretty much a "plug and play" part?

How long was the install?

Price?

It looks really nice...I'm considering one now that I've seen it installed in your C30.
100% plug an play! Install took me maybe 1 hour - the hardest part is getting to the band clamp down on the turbo.

They are $149 on sale for the aluminum and $159 for the powder coated black.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Were you able to get to the turbo band clamp from above?

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Nice. Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
23 Posts
+1 for super easy install. Getting the clamp on the turbo can be a bit of a pain, found it easiest to "dry fit" everything, then clamp it down starting from the turbo end. I was missing the bolt to hold down the piece as well, gonna make a parts store run after work on Monday to find something that fits. Anyone know off the top of their head what size/pitch it may be?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, first time post on here.

Does anyone know the correct size/ pitch of the bolt which secures the intake pipe to the engine?

Thanks in advance,
Craig

1 - 11 of 11 Posts