SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I took my car to my local indy to have my new sway bars installed. I am glad I had it done by a professional because it was way beyond my mechanical skills. However, the good news is that I was hearing this really weird noise whenever I turned the vehicle at slow speeds like lock to lock. It turns out my endlinks were worn and making a grinding noise so I had them replaced. Afterwords, they performed an alignment and sum calibration and told me everything suspension wise looks great - which is a relief. So, the first time I drove my car and entered the highway on ramp can I say holy crap! The car was so level! I mean perfectly flat throughout the entire curve and this was in comfort. I just kept giving more and more gas and needless to say I got up to 70 and had perfect control of the car. In other words, no leaning from side to side but so awesomely flat it is like driving a brand new car. Next, you know on our cars it is like you turn the wheel and then a couple moments later the car actually turns; well this is greatly reduced, it requires much less turning of the steering wheel to actually get the car to move. Furthermore, I have not noticed any reduction in ride comfort which is a definite plus in my book. All in all, I would definitely recommend this upgrade to anyone on this forum who is looking to make their caR just a little more fun to drive. Side note, getting to the ground and seeing those blue bars really puts a smile on my face!

So this morning, I installed my ipd tune. Took awhile to get the program to work but I did it on my macbook pro by installing virtualbox and installing xp. Now I can finally play sim city 3000 again. Anyways, uploaded the tune this morning and it took about 20 minutes. The first time I started my car it took awhile to actually turn over like six click, click until it started which concerned me but that went away by the third time I started my car and it is back to normal. I really cannot say how great my car feels right now, there is just so much torque, a gentle touch of the accelerator by my right foot and the car just flies. It is like driving my car for the first time again, it really is that good. Together with the sways it seems that my car always can dish out the torque needed to just power you right through the bends and blast by people on the highway. On a side note, I really would like to thank IPD for being so helpful with all my questions and I would recommend this product for anyone who wants to get a little more performance out of their R.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
My IPD Stage II with dp, etc. has been perfect. Kelly CAI really added to the performance and overall enjoyment.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No aftermarket exhaust yet but I do have one question, but which is more important an after market exhaust or an after market downpipe

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
727 Posts
downpipe

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Yesterday, I took my car to my local indy to have my new sway bars installed. I am glad I had it done by a professional because it was way beyond my mechanical skills. However, the good news is that I was hearing this really weird noise whenever I turned the vehicle at slow speeds like lock to lock. It turns out my endlinks were worn and making a grinding noise so I had them replaced. Afterwords, they performed an alignment and sum calibration and told me everything suspension wise looks great - which is a relief. So, the first time I drove my car and entered the highway on ramp can I say holy crap! The car was so level! I mean perfectly flat throughout the entire curve and this was in comfort. I just kept giving more and more gas and needless to say I got up to 70 and had perfect control of the car. In other words, no leaning from side to side but so awesomely flat it is like driving a brand new car. Next, you know on our cars it is like you turn the wheel and then a couple moments later the car actually turns; well this is greatly reduced, it requires much less turning of the steering wheel to actually get the car to move. Furthermore, I have not noticed any reduction in ride comfort which is a definite plus in my book. All in all, I would definitely recommend this upgrade to anyone on this forum who is looking to make their caR just a little more fun to drive. Side note, getting to the ground and seeing those blue bars really puts a smile on my face!

So this morning, I installed my ipd tune. Took awhile to get the program to work but I did it on my macbook pro by installing virtualbox and installing xp. Now I can finally play sim city 3000 again. Anyways, uploaded the tune this morning and it took about 20 minutes. The first time I started my car it took awhile to actually turn over like six click, click until it started which concerned me but that went away by the third time I started my car and it is back to normal. I really cannot say how great my car feels right now, there is just so much torque, a gentle touch of the accelerator by my right foot and the car just flies. It is like driving my car for the first time again, it really is that good. Together with the sways it seems that my car always can dish out the torque needed to just power you right through the bends and blast by people on the highway. On a side note, I really would like to thank IPD for being so helpful with all my questions and I would recommend this product for anyone who wants to get a little more performance out of their R.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Very nice!

I'm glad everything worked out for you!

Have fun

·
Registered
147 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts