SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've now got ~8K km on a set on the T5M. 225/50-16 mounted on Sirius wheels. To add to the TireRack reviews:

- They appear to be a copy of the Bridgestone Potenza RE11- I can't speak to the rubber compounds, obviously- but the tread appears identical to the RE-11.

- Faaar more tire than a FWD wagon would ever need on the street. But grip, grip, grip. Staggering grip. And progressive turn-in.

- Superb in heavy rain. I was not expecting this.

- Remarkably quiet on pavement. I was not expecting this.

- Likely lousy treadwear; even with rotations, I'll be lucky to get 30K km on a set. Soft, sticky rubber has a price...

- Stupid-cheap for the levels of performance these tires offer.

RATING: *****/5 stars

Firestone Indy 500-3.jpg

·
Registered
17,305 Posts
How cheap?

·
Registered
17,305 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How cheap?
CDN$719 all-in including 13% HST (ie., VAT) (mounted and balanced on alloy wheels with sticky weights; new valve stems; tire disposal tax; hand-torqued lug nuts) after the CDN$70 rebate that Firestone offered in the Spring.

I bought at Kal-Tire, a Canadian national chain. Superb service. The tires had to be special-ordered, and came in from a warehouse in the States.

Stateside, you can likely get them even cheaper.

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
Will- what about the power_____? Not coming here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a year old set of these tires with about 5k (miles) on them. So weather cracked/split they won't inspect. Same use/storage as every other tire I've ever owned

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Never tried these, but I'm on pirelli cinturato all season+ right now and they're really great. Will be trying eagle goodyear sports I have sitting around next season.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Will be trying eagle goodyear sports I have sitting around next season.
I've had those on my V70 for 5 years now. They've far outlasted the 40,000mi treadwear warranty, I have 47k ish on them and there's still 4-5/32" left. No performance issues though I don't generally push too hard so YMMV. They've also put up with some rough, rocky roads fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts