SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

ReveRse Mirrors?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  rollie 
#1 ·
Do the R mirrors adjust themselves when you shift your car from park to reverse as to aid in backing up?

Is there anyway to program an S series car to do this?

-Copeland

#2 ·
Re: ReveRse Mirrors? (Copeland)

Nope they do not. What I did was programmed my #2 memory for the seat option to ONLY move the mirrors down. I kept the seat in the same position as #1 and just set the mirrors to the curb. So when I go to back up I hit the #2 memory button and the mirrors ONLY move to the curb. Then when I go forward I hit the #1 button and that resets the mirrors. I hope this helps, Rick

#3 ·
Thanks Rick, that thought had run across my mind..... but I thought that they're would be an easy way to program the mirrors to do so on thier own......

I guess I will have to do the "Patented Mash" Reverse mirror mod

#5 ·
Re: ReveRse Mirrors? (Copeland)

It's not an option, but I asked if it is available and I was told that they may be able to download the program from the S40 to the S60 or V70 for a nominal charge.

I may try it next time I go to the dealership, but I haven't attempted it yet, so you may want to ask.

#6 ·
hmmm... well this Sat it the Texas GTG in austin and the dealership is providing
Quote, originally posted by Slowrey »
Roger Beasley is offering software downloads for our car at the cost of Volvo download with NO LABOR CHARGE!!!*
(Vadis/Vida options like flashing lights, seat heaters etc at reduced cost)
I will have to see if they have this download for the s80. Thanks again for all your help and in under 15 mins lol

#7 ·
Re: (Copeland)

One of my co-worker just bought the new 2007 Lexus ES350 and the rear view mirror actually black out when you put the car in reverse to force and aid you to use the rear view camera (monitor). In addition, the side mirrors also folds down to also force you to use the back-up camera. Nice 180 degree panoramic view too. Very cool. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#8 ·
Re: (blackTT55)

Quote, originally posted by blackTT55 »
One of my co-worker just bought the new 2007 Lexus ES350 and the rear view mirror actually black out when you put the car in reverse to force and aid you to use the rear view camera (monitor). In addition, the side mirrors also folds down to also force you to use the back-up camera. Nice 180 degree panoramic view too. Very cool. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Ugh... I wouldn't like that! The same camera/video setup is on my 2006 Toyota Sienna. I think it is a wonderful aid, but I still want access to all the mirrors!

#9 ·
Re: (blackTT55)

I'm not sure being forced to use a device that lacks an ability to convey depth is a great choice. I always turn my head but my second choice would be a mirror over a screen anyday (combined with audible alerting parking sensors.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.