SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just discovered my reverse lights are not working,..bulbs are good & fuseis also good,..where's the reverse light switch on my '84 242,...?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
I just discovered my reverse lights are not working,..bulbs are good & fuseis also good,..where's the reverse light switch on my '84 242,...?
Thanks.
Aha - I see you bought that '84 242 automatic...

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?180830-asking-price

...whudja pay?

From: http://www.brickboard.com/RWD/index.htm?id=1355110&show_all=1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just completed this job on our '88 245 DL.

Do you have the new switch? I found a good used one from a donor car. The job is done all on the inside of the car. Presume you have an Automatic; the job is outlined below.

- Loosen the gear selector trim panel and move out of the way,
- Then loosen the two screws that mount the switch to the gear selector assembly
- Disconnect the wiring and remove,
- Replace with new switch

The most time consuming part is getting to the four spade wiring connectors under front drivers side carpet. Had to remove the drivers seat and some of the bottom door and console interior trim to free up the carpet enough to get underneath it and reach the wiring connectors.

Good luck, Robert
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may find that a good cleaning, wiring check and adjustment of the shifter mechanism will solve the issue.

George Dill

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$$ ?

Mr gdill2,...I got her for 2k. I really wish she was a clutch,..
But for an automatic she does ok. I may custom a few things on her since she's in such great shape.
And only 89,000 miles. Thnx for the info, I'll put it to good use and post some pix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts