SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Restoring the suspension on a 94' turbo wagon

674 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  tryingbe 
#1 ·
Hi,
It is time for me to look into redoing the suspension in my 1994 850 turbo wagon. The car has never felt as tight as the 97' R sedan that my father drives. I am thinking about having the subframe bushings done as well as having R shocks and springs installed with new upper strut mounts. Is there anything else that I should be looking into? Will this help restore the feel of the car?
Thanks!

#4 ·
Volvo dealer? I'm assuming employee discount? Cost + 10% could actually cost more than none Volvo blue bag OEM parts made by ***, SACHS, Lemforder, Hutchinson, Corteco, and etc. Volvo blue bags stuff are made by these companies, but once Volvo's name is on them, price goes up 50%-150%.

Replace all struts and replace all old tired springs, replace bolt control arms, check tie rod/replace as needed, replace all 4 rear subframe bushings, replace all 4 front subframe, replace all 5 engine/transmission mounts, replace all front strut mount seats and bearing plate, then new tires with an aggressive alignment (-.5 to -1 degree negative camber in the front). That should cover everything regarding to road feel and "tightness".

#5 ·
As above. The more you do, the better it will handle. I would add sway bar mounts and sway bar end links. Also check if your wagon even has a rear sway bar. Many of them did not. Adding one, even a stock one, makes a huge difference to how the car handles.

#7 ·
Thank you everyone for the replies. I actually already have the ipd sways on the car so that is one item out of the way.

@tryingbe Where would I find non-volvo parts that are the same as the originals? I am really looking to get teh solid feel of the R.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.