SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did this, really surprised there isn't a huge change.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Stock exhaust sound/feel wont change a whole lot from this. There was a slightly noticeable change in my mid range throat but there wont be any noticeable performance gains.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I like the slight rumble that I got! But I want more.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I knew performance wasn't gonna see a gain, but from my vehicles in the past, even turbo vehicles, I noticed a bit more 'noise'...lol

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
has anyone installed an aftermarket downpipe and exhaust and then cut the resonator out? I'm trying to figure out if my combination of downpipe/exhaust minus the cat would sound better or just drone. Anyone have an obx downpipe and EST sport catback (or other resonator-less catback)? If so how do you like it compared to when the exhaust had a resonator?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
has anyone installed an aftermarket downpipe and exhaust and then cut the resonator out? I'm trying to figure out if my combination of downpipe/exhaust minus the cat would sound better or just drone. Anyone have an obx downpipe and EST sport catback (or other resonator-less catback)? If so how do you like it compared to when the exhaust had a resonator?
Stock Exhaust (Minus Res) and OBX DP

EVOLVE exhaust and OBX DP

Borla muffler 3" catback with OBX DP

·
Registered
348 Posts
lol at the camera falling over

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I removed the center res to get ride of rain sequel and noticed a little more noise but nothing mind blowing. Remove the res and the muffler and weld in some straight pipes :D

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I removed the center res to get ride of rain sequel and noticed a little more noise but nothing mind blowing. Remove the res and the muffler and weld in some straight pipes :D
lol we'll start with removing the resonator and then see if it needs more noise

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
You found my vid! :)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
how much better is the flow of an aftermarket exhaust and dp when compared to doing a res delete and aftermarket dp?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
how much better is the flow of an aftermarket exhaust and dp when compared to doing a res delete and aftermarket dp?
Depends on pipe size. If going 3" all the way back then the difference is from 2.25" to 3" in exhaust gas flow. An aftermarket DP will flow more then a complete stock setup but it will still be 3" DP back down to 2.25" to the stock exhaust I believe. We replacing the res all your doing to welding in a straight 2.25" pipe so it will flow more but it really wont make any real world difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I have no cat OBX and res delete with 3 inch pipe back to just in front of Y where is has a reduction to 2.5 inch and is butt welded to the Y midpoint.
Mine is nice but has a couple of load/RPM spots where it trumpets just a wee bit.
I figure when I get the cat on it that will subside a bit, maybe a lot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts