SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the threads explain resetting service lights and others on cars with keys, but not fobs. There must be some difference since there is not an apparent switch one/two setting. 2010 S80. Help!

·
Registered
140 Posts
When the instructions say, "Insert the key" they also mean, "Insert the fob."

I urge you to try any instructions that are similar in model or year. Nothing will be harmed if you use the wrong instructions, you simply won't reset the service warning reminder.

Although I must admit, there's probably 5 or 6 ways to reset the "reminder" and they're classified in a chaotic form that makes no sense.

Maybe someone could redo the entire mess and refine the actual options by: year/model/options for resetting the "reminder"?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Entirely too logical ;-)

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Some of the threads explain resetting service lights and others on cars with keys, but not fobs. There must be some difference since there is not an apparent switch one/two setting. 2010 S80. Help!
Welcome to Swedespeed, Dennis.

From the www...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
With one hand press and hold the odometer reset button on the instrument cluster.
With the other hand press the start button one time.
Pause for one second and then push and hold the start button (with your foot off of the brake pedal) until all of the dash lights come on.
Continue to hold the odometer reset button until the yellow triangle flashes.
It will flash four times, release the button before the end of the fourth flash.
Then turn the car off and remove the key.
Reinsert the key and start the car.
The light should now be off.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let us know how it goes - OFF, we hope.

Thanks.

George Dill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks George. Worked great the second time. I missed the release before the end of the fourth flash.(My fault) Very good detailed description.

Dennis

2002 S60 T
2010 S80

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,802 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts