SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of rescuing a 1985 240 wagon, I had just negotiated its release from a"used car dealer""USD" when I lost my job, my domocile, and health...so forth and so on... it was a rough week. Regardless of that, the Volvo is having electrical problems, I've replaced battery wires that were abraded, on the armored hoses. I've replaced wires that had been melted, (why? I don't know.) and it now starts and runs well. <br>Except... after a few minutes, the car stops, turning the key, the symtoms resemble a dead battery, (non-Volvo battery currently dropped in engine compartment, by "UCD") <br>I jump start the car, instantly starts, runs about 3/4 of a kilometer, dies. Jumpstart, runs about 3/4 of a kilometer, dies. <br>Jumpstart, etc., etc. <br>So you see, it took a while... to get car home.<br>n-V Battery currently being trickle charged. <p>Would a Volvo battery solve this problem<br> <br>Would a Volvo battery solve this problem?<br>Would the alternator cause this?<br>If neither, does anyone have suggestions?<br>(inexpensive, if possible.)<br>Takse meka!<p>

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: Rescued Volvo (steven1985)

Welcome to Swedespeed, John.<p>Indeed it appears the old battery has an open internal circuit and a fresh battery and cable/terminal clean-up may increase the car's travel limits.<p>One sure test is to drive by the municipal building - if the car does not die then it should run forever.<p>Georghe Dill<p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts