SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the latest update to the Tap-a-Talk app, which I use to read these forums, I've been having some difficulties with visual notification of new posts and the order in which posts are displayed. I have contacted the developer of the app with the problem and they have made several suggestions, including resetting of my cache, which I have done to no effect. They have noticed that some of the Tap-a-talk plugin software on the site is out of date and have requested that it be updated.

Here's a couple of our emails back and forth:

Code:
Hello Mike,

Thanks for your patient to help us solving the problems!

We noted that there are some out-of-date files in the plugin folder installed in your forum. Could you remove the plugin folder and install a totally new one to see if the issue still exist?

Thanks!
-- 

Kind Regards,
Lin

On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Michael Candy wrote:

Hi Lin

No, no other forum access, I'm using only my ipad to access the forums via TT HD.

I've reset the cache as requested and it makes no difference. I may have to refresh several times (5 or 6 max), but it will eventually cause the topic order to reverse. I can either drag the screen down and let it snap back, or I can use the circular arrow tool at the top of the topic reading panel, both will refresh the screen and cause the problem. Refreshing the screen can make it happen, but it also seems to be random as to which order it will choose when moving between topics.

Mike
Sent from my iPad

On 2012-11-19, at 12:27 AM, Lin <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Mike, 

Thanks for your information!

About the unread issue, seems your forum is using cookie based unread solution. When using this solution, when you login with your account, all the unread topics will be reset to read. Did you login on other platforms like browser / Android app when the issue happened?

About the order issue, we still cannot reproduce this issue. Could you try to clear the cache in Settings -> Advanced -> Clear Cache and try again?

Thanks!
-- 

Kind Regards,
Lin
If you need to contact the developer he can be reached at [email protected] and my issue is ticket number #374336694.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
440,741 Posts
Hi Mike,

I just checked Tapatalk via my iPad and everything loads properly for me. This is an older version of Tapatalk on Swedespeed, and it is possible that it doesn't work very well with the new app for iPad. I will get the Tapatalk on the server updated to 4.2.

However, is anyone else having issues?

·
Administrator
55,932 Posts
Everything working ok with tapatalk? Its been working on my iPad without any issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts