SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wifes s60 stereo (HU-613) is taking a crap (changes channel, adjusts volume all on its own and the reader is starting to make noise). We don't want to go after market, just a replacement or upgrade (eBay), if doing so will we run into any problems or will it be a straight swap?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure to have you battery unplugged, dont unplug the a/c control unit and thats pretty much it. If your looking to buy a stock headunit let me know I have mine that I would sell you since i have an aftermarket one.
Why cant i unplug the a/c control unit? What model do you have and how much, i was going to get a hu613 on eBay for like 40 shipped....

·
Registered
136 Posts
You will have an airbags failure light on if you turn the key on with the ac unplugged. There are several threads on youtube for this. It can be a little tricky getting it back in when finished.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Oh I was selling mind for more like 50+shipping. But yeah you will have an srs airbag warning on the speedometer and it can only be removed by the dealer unless u have a rica tuner like mine where u can erase faulty engine codes, not sure about other obdII tuners. My dealer said 80 to remove it which is absurd.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
i took my 850 HU out of my s60 to replace with an aftermarket & could sell my 850 if you want it.
HU 850 is for 05+ cars

HU 613 is 01-03 (grey) or 04 (charcoal) cars w/o the trim surround.
Midcycle refresh...nice for the 05+ crowd, bites for us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts