SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friends' 2006 V70 is displaying an incorrect outside temperature and the air conditionings auto function isn't very cooperative, working from an incorrect temp.

A new right side mirror temperature sensor has been purchased and I've offered to help replace this. However, I can't find any guides on how. I've been searching all over this forum for some more info. I could of course just tear into it and work it out from there, but if I could help it and look at some guides first that'd help a lot. I haven't "worked" on any P2 cars in a looong time, last time I even removed a door card was probably 6-7 years ago, so any and all help would be appreciated.

Also I heard the sensor replacing needs soldering. Are the wires labelled somehow so I know which goes where or does it not matter where/how I connect them to the car?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pretty please?

Registered
Pretty please?
I've never replaced one of these, but I can check my Haynes manual next time I get out to my car.
Where's the part located, in the mirror, or in the door?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's located in the underside of the mirror. I was mostly wondering what the best way to approach it is. Do I need to remove the entire door card to get access to it, or the entire mirror itself? Or could it be done by only removing the mirror glass?

Registered
It's located in the underside of the mirror. I was mostly wondering what the best way to approach it is. Do I need to remove the entire door card to get access to it, or the entire mirror itself? Or could it be done by only removing the mirror glass?
The mirrors and their access points are usually seperate from the door cards from what I gather in the earlier cars that I've owned. I cannot speak for a 2006. Usually you can get into them through the interior plastic next to the A-pillar on the windows. My mechanic pried it off on the inside once, and being the ruffian he is had to re-seal it with silicone. But I'm sure that you can pry them off somehow from the inside.

But, you can also go under the mirrors that I've seen in the 2001-2004 cars (again, maybe 2006, but never seen/owned one or worked on one in person.) and there is an access point that houses the puddle light that you can pry off with any sort of tool that works.

If you need more direction, I will reference the Haynes manual and scan/post the page to your pm's that is most helpful. But don't expect a miracle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts