SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to replace the top hose to my oil trap today and noticed that its cracked where the hose connects to it but what looked weird to me was that the plastic piece that sticks out on the trap and the top hose goes on, it was longer than in the pics of other ones I see online. I was thinking maybe the old hose got stuck on there when it broke but not sure. So I just put some bulk autozone hose on it for now so I can drive it tomorrow but has anyone ever replaced one without having to take off the intake mani? I don't want to have to do that and then take off the injectors n crap but if I have to I will just wonderin what u guys all think and if u guys have any tips to doing it a better way

Sent with Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
You don't have to remove the injectors from the intake manifold. Just disconnect the fuel hose and the whole thing comes off as a unit.

On the other hand it isn't hard to remove that either. Two screws and the fuel hose, and the fuel rail with injectors comes off. Done.

But no, there is no better way than taking off the intake manifold. You can't work under there without removing it. Remove the radiator fan first, again two screws and some plugs and it's out. Making room to work is really easy on these cars, it's scary at first but once the parts are out you wonder why you hesitated at all.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If it helps, when I changed mine, I didn't even take the fan off...
But I agree with Lloyd, no other way to get to it. The main problem I would see is trying to get the old clamps on the old hoses off and back on without sight or room...
You're welcome to try, I suppose, please let us know ;P

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When u disconnect the fuel hose do u have to depressurize the fuel line or just disconnect it and move it out of the way?

Sent with Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Use the schrader valve on the end of the fuel rail to depressurize. I put a throwaway rag down and then use a tuna can to catch whatever fuel I can so it doesn't spill everywhere.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool just waiting on my intake mani gasket ta get here so I can do it

Sent with Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everything came today so tomorrow's gonna be fun lol

Sent with Tapatalk