SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously thinking about replacing my headlights with these ones:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16088673304...em=&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

According to the specs, these should work fine as drop in replacements, well, except that I might need to flash new software for euro spec lights, but I believe this has been done before here on this forum.

And I'm going with the v70 style since they are more grayish than the s60 ones (but they are supposed to be an exact fit) since my car is electric silver.

Thoughts ?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
They will fit but unless i am mistaken you'll still get warning on dash in your R. I don't recall any other R with them. Not a bad looking light. Post pics if you install them.

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
That is an interesting idea. Never seen it done. Could look good.. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
According to the specs, these should work fine as drop in replacements, well, except that I might need to flash new software for euro spec lights, but I believe this has been done before here on this forum.

Thoughts ?
the euro software allows the fogs to stay on when the car is on high beam, you don't really need to change it for main beam functions though.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I hate lights in the dash..

·
Registered
4,382 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
If you have the money, go for it but at over $1100 it could be a costly mistake.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Should look pretty nice if it works.

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,802 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Interesting how SS opinion has changed. When I asked the same question abou a year or so ago everyone hated these..

·
Registered
118 Posts
The late xenon headlights where only a temporary solution in order to build these:

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Interesting how SS opinion has changed. When I asked the same question abou a year or so ago everyone hated these..
Don't worry I still don't like them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
How about these? About the same price, but with factory projectors installed.

Either way GL but FWIW I'd go with the projectors...

·
Registered
118 Posts
It is not a plug&play conversion.

You have to change the wiring like this, because the connectors are different.
Keep the R Headlight connector.

I only mentioned the color of the R wires, because the wire colors of the 05± headlights where even different between right and left side.

Pin R Xenon_____Pin 05+ S60/V70 Xenon.

1 grey ________=________ 1
2 white________=________3
3 violet________=________7
4_______________=_______4
5 orange_______=________5
6 black_________=_______10

The wiring for the turning signal and parking lights is obvious.

The headlight wipers do not fit anymore.

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
I thought I would like them.. And I tried... But.. I don't like them.. As much as I am annoyed by the limitations of the us spec R headlight.. I like them the best.

Thumbs up to you for trying something different.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
The late xenon headlights where only a temporary solution in order to build these:

Wait, what? You bought the late xenon headlights while doing your projector build? Did you return or sell them afterwards? A $1000 set of temporary headlights is pretty steep.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts