SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions:

1. The light behind the switch to turn on the fog lights and the other switches next to it have burnt out, is there a simple way to replace them? Also the furthest left light behind the info display is also out so at night half the display is fully lit while the left side is dark and I can't see it so well, how can I replace that?

2. I don't think I've ever read anywhere before but the turning radius on my C70 is HUGE!!! I went to park in a multi-story garage today and I used to have no problem making the right turns in my 206 (yes its a much smaller car) but still, I have huge problems taking the corners and parking due to the massive turn, is this the same with everyone or is there something up with my C70 specifically?

Other than that I'm LOVING the attention this car gets. It's so beautiful! I got her cleaned up today but it was bug cemetery driving her after.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Re: Replacing Interior Lighting and Turning Radius (Barry)

C70's are boats!!!!!! The turning radius is horrifying! Plus I have 235 tires which rub at full lock, so when I do try and fit through tight turns, people always look and think i'm hitting someone when it's really just my tires. When it comes to parking lots, you get used to it, but making U-Turns is never a sure thing. I remember trying to follow my friend's little Nissan, and out of nowhere he makes this u-turn right before a highway on-ramp, forgetting how my car can't make turns like that. I ended up getting stuck in the intersection with oncoming cars honking. I had to go on to the highway, and since his phone wasn't working, had to call it a night too.

So yeah, my car's turning radius ruined my night once.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

The lights are an easy repair...

For the switches, carefully pry out one of the switch blanks and then put your finger in behind the actual switch and push it out. It takes about 10lbs of pressure applied evenly over the top and bottom. Once out, you will see a little whiteish gray cap; and that is the light. See pictures for details.

Now as for replacement...I woud go to the stealer or order them from a Volvo parts reseller OR you can retrofit them with LEDs like I did back in 1999 in my 850 with all blue LEDs!

Good luck and cheers,
Prospero

[/URL]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Replacing Interior Lighting and Turning Radius (Prospero)

Thanks for the tip, you wouldn't by any chance know how to replace the lights behind the gauges and the trip computer would you?

What's the code for these lights?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

You can find the information at http://www.volvospeed.com in Bay 13.

There you will see just about everything needed...in one sort or another.

Cheers,
Prospero

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Replacing Interior Lighting and Turning Radius (Prospero)

Hi,
I wanted to replace the interior light (in red).

Where can I get the right LED Lights?

Thanks for your help
Milan

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
If you can't find the red lights, Radio Shack sells little plastic colored covers for the lights. Buy a pack of them and cover the non-colored bulbs with them.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Re: (Token)

Quote, originally posted by Token »
The turning radius seems about the same as on an S60 for me. I've only ever driven Volvo's so I've got used to missing the parking bay by about half a car width.

You've never driven a RWD Volvo then...

And Barry, the R has an even bigger turning radius! Also mine seems also bigger with the lowerd Volvo suspension then the one of my parents... I think the steering stops are slightly bigger

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: (BenES)

S70 with 18" turning radius is small..

Try a 2004 and up R for a change..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts