SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the thread on finding a manual for this car, plus a search of the BooksAMillions etc, has only come up with one - the UK version of the Haynes manual. I haven't acquired one yet, hoping that something better was available. I ordered replacement bulbs (one low beam is out) but not being very handy, I haven't tried to dive in yet. Can anyone refer me to a link to a procedure?<p>thanks in advance

·
Registered
288 Posts
Re: Replacing headlight bulbs, 2000 S70 (applejf)

it's as easy as pie. there are black covers that you have to twist off - one for each light, behind the assembly. it can be difficult to get in there sometimes - it's a little cramped. after you have the covers off, you'll see the bulbs are held in with metal clips. pinch them together and they will slide out. but don't pull them out too far because the wires are fairly short. pull the bulb off and put the new one on the same way (two prongs per bulb). don't touch the glass if possible. reverse the procedure to get everything back in place.<p>be carefull with the prongs, as mine are starting to break with age.<p>cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Replacing headlight bulbs, 2000 S70 (destro)

Thanks for the encouragement, I'll give it a go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts