SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried doing a search for the answer before posting this:
I am trying to replace my front turn-signal bulbs w/ a coated silver bulb but CANNOT access the passenger side socket. It's blocked by the winshield washer fluid container, misc wires and what appears to be an ECU type box.

How to I access this bulb socket? Do I remove the headlight? If so, how is that safely done?

Thx for your help... http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,068 Posts
Re: (basscotte)

I just did this last weekend...
Driver side...pull existing wiring harness away from frame by removing the metal clips from the frame
This will allow "easier" access...

The passenger side...PITA....
Remove drain tube from clips, remove clips to aviod being cut up...
Remove the back of the main headlamp housing, this gives you slightly more room to manuever
Undo the torx screw holding the washer fluid resevoir so you can push it slightly out of the way
Unclip any wiring around that area
I found it easier to stand next to the passenger side and reach in with my left hand, bio-mechanical advantage
Turn clockwise to remove
You could probably remove more but this made it possible...

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (pafox)

I just finished it...thanks to all of your advise. Strange muscles in my arms are now in pain...PITA is right! And how about those fog-light caps...They seemed glued on until I got soo pissed I just yelled like the Hulk and got them free!

-TS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.