SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
16,103 Posts
Which chra from melett do I need for an 18t?

I noticed the slightest of coolant leaks and traced it back to the turbo. It was rebuilt but it's from an me7 car with the 2 coolant ports. The PO tried plugging it with a bolt that they then cut the head off but it didn't seal it completely.

I tried putting a bead of weld at the bolt hole but that failed miserably and made the leak worse.

At this point since I have to take the turbo out, I might as well get a new chra and have piece of mind it's working 100%.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So that’s actually a 16t then with an 18t wheel, which is technically fine to have as a setup.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
So that’s actually a 16t then with an 18t wheel, which is technically fine to have as a setup.
That makes sense. I know the 18t only came on p80 and I've only heard of this issue coming up when using a 01+ turbo.

·
Registered
16,103 Posts
Would the housing need to be machined in order to fit the larger wheel?

Measure your compressor?

Actually just post some pics of you can

16t

Inducer 43.43*mm
Exducer 56.02*mm*
Height 25.8*mm

18t

Inducer: 45 mm
Exducer: 56 mm*
Height: 26.13mm

19t

Inducer: 46 mm*
Exducer: 58 mm
Height: 26.13 mm

Reference info

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Will, do you have that info handy related to the flow rates between a 18/19t and a k24.

I remember you mentioning that they flowed almost the same.

·
Registered
16,103 Posts
Will, do you have that info handy related to the flow rates between a 18/19t and a k24.

I remember you mentioning that they flowed almost the same.

485 vs 500 cfm @ 2.0 PR (15 psi)

·
Registered
16,103 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Looks like I'll be getting a new chra from mellet. The seller is refunding me for the chra.

With the mellet chra, do I need to get anything else when attaching the 2 housings or is everything pretty straight forward?

·
Registered
16,103 Posts
Looks like I'll be getting a new chra from mellet. The seller is refunding me for the chra.

With the mellet chra, do I need to get anything else when attaching the 2 housings or is everything pretty straight forward?

No just reuse the OEM volvo compressor seal. Hot side alignment pin may be annoying to deal with, as long as it’s match marked it’s not exactly necessary and can be removed.

141 - 150 of 150 Posts