SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yeah, I ran into that issue trying to find the right boot to fit the DS axle I rehabbed.

The Rien BKN0081R looks to be what I used that had the proper boot to fit.
Thanks Chuck.

We were replacing all 4 boots. We got 2 different oem boot kits. There was still a 3rd size that was different. Not sure if one of the axles has been replaced in the past resulting in a different size boot.

Will need to explore further.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Made more progress today.

Got the do88 rad and intercooler installed. That stack is thicc and a royal pita to get in. Still have to finish up the RIP kit install.

Also threw on a beat up angled flange dp for the time being until new exhaust arrives. Ended up going with an obx full exhaust due to time constraints and convenience. Would have preferred the simons but would have still needed a dp and I was able to get this bnib kit for under 600 shipped to my door from a vs fb seller. The previous exhaust was a poorly done custom exhaust with an old tme muffler. Sounded good but many restrictions.

Ipd billet transmission mount.

Put the NA intake manifold, and NA TB on. The intake was slightly ported to match the head. Do88 IAC hose.

New manual throttle cable installed. No kick down switch baby.

Do88 heater core hoses. Nice peace of mind that they won't leak.

All Do88 coolant hoses.

Snabb pipe.

Did pvc mod with thicker hose that isn't plastic.

Put 5mm spacers up front and 15mm spacers in the rear.

Need to finish the rip kit install and hoses. Put misc parts back on. Dw200 fuel pump. Put fluids in and shell be ready to fire up.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Nice progress Ryan! Looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Nice progress Ryan! Looking good

Thanks Neil! Looking forward to seeing the finished product. My friend Jesse has really been the Rockstar. Couldn't have done any of this without him.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Its alive! Huge shout out to my buddy Jesse for helping me with the whole build and allowing me to get my hands dirty every once in a while.

Finished buttoning her up this evening. Threw some Castrol edge and zerex g48 in her and She fired right up the first time.

The combination of the na cams and the japanifold + open dp make it sound mean. Waiting for the obx kit to arrive so I can throw that on.

Has some pretty good running after the spacer install so will be rolling the fenders tomorrow.

Jesse is driving her for a week and giving her a good shakedown to make sure everything is good.

She's almost complete.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Quick question on intake box and Do88 rip + Na tb + 960 maf

What are people doing for intake. There is literally no room for the 3" maf to snabb pipe couple to fit.

Also the air dam hose from the front of the car to the airbox hits the tb hose and I don't see a way for it to fit.

Wondering what others are doing.

·
Registered
16,072 Posts
Leave the 960 maf gets cut down as does the silicone coupler

·
Registered
15,365 Posts
yeah you gotta cut a lot off.....I have a post on that in my 850R thread

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thanks for the help will and Jared.

I found the section of your build thread with the 960 maf. Looks like you had to cut it down pretty far.

Here's your pic for reference.

Did you ever figure out your snorkel situation?

·
Registered
15,365 Posts
Did you ever figure out your snorkel situation?
Shouldn't be applicable to your build as that's a M66 problem but, to answer your question, no, I haven't solved it yet. Motivation to do anything with the 850s is at a seasonally adjusted all-time low with all the unemployed idiots out joyriding around here.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Its alive! Huge shout out to my buddy Jesse for helping me with the whole build and allowing me to get my hands dirty every once in a while.

Finished buttoning her up this evening. Threw some Castrol edge and zerex g48 in her and She fired right up the first time.

The combination of the na cams and the japanifold + open dp make it sound mean. Waiting for the obx kit to arrive so I can throw that on.

Has some pretty good running after the spacer install so will be rolling the fenders tomorrow.

Jesse is driving her for a week and giving her a good shakedown to make sure everything is good.

She's almost complete.

Awesome news!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Quick question on intake box and Do88 rip + Na tb + 960 maf

What are people doing for intake. There is literally no room for the 3" maf to snabb pipe couple to fit.

Also the air dam hose from the front of the car to the airbox hits the tb hose and I don't see a way for it to fit.

Wondering what others are doing.

I’m using a setup of a modified (shortened) P2 D088 intake pipe and a Simota CCI. Its currently off prepping for paint but I can throw it on to take a photo if it will help. I cant verify it will work with a battery in place.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I’m using a setup of a modified (shortened) P2 D088 intake pipe and a Simota CCI. Its currently off prepping for paint but I can throw it on to take a photo if it will help. I cant verify it will work with a battery in place.

When you have a chance I love to see your setup.

My intake pipe is a standard snabb pipe and I got a 3" to 2.75" 90 degree coupler to fit from the maf to the pipe.

Did you relocate battery to trunk?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
When you have a chance I love to see your setup.

My intake pipe is a standard snabb pipe and I got a 3" to 2.75" 90 degree coupler to fit from the maf to the pipe.

Did you relocate battery to trunk?

I’ll send a photo later today.

Yeah, the battery is in the passenger side rear cargo area. Super easy instal with 4 rivnuts.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I’ll send a photo later today.

Yeah, the battery is in the passenger side rear cargo area. Super easy instal with 4 rivnuts.

Right on. Thanks Neil.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Right on. Thanks Neil.

The intake tube can still be cut down quite a bit in the middle and MAF interface, but it would be tough to make it fit with a battery in place.

You can use the same CCI with you SNABB intake and it will work for sure.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Its a manifold pressure sensor.

·
Registered
16,072 Posts
As janky as that old exhaust is, keep that cat if nothing else. The 3" caddy cat that that is is NLA and finding a suitable replacement for making 3" downpipe sis a pain.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
As janky as that old exhaust is, keep that cat if nothing else. The 3" caddy cat that that is is NLA and finding a suitable replacement for making 3" downpipe sis a pain.
I know someone who has a few of the NLA 3” CAT’s if you need one.

41 - 60 of 150 Posts