SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am replacing the front control arms on my 2004 Volvo S60R and right now the winner is IPD's HD control arms, however that one is rubber. Is it worth it and does anyone have any recommendations for a polyurethane bushing control arm?

·
2,521 Posts
Go with rubber. I have poly bushes, the front bush is fine in poly but the rear bush failed after 3 months. Poly just dont belong there. It is the "high quality" PowerFlex one

·
Registered
438 Posts
FCP now sells a front control arm with poly front and rubber rear. Might be worth returning your HD's for those.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Poly in the front and XC70 in the back if you want poly.

The FCP poly one is proparts... I'd be weary.

·
2,521 Posts
My front is ProParts, it is still 100. I also have the PP trans mount and its just fine too

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
My front is ProParts, it is still 100. I also have the PP trans mount and its just fine too
I have the propparts poly trans mount but I still steer away from non OEM/OE supplier front end parts. Too much work to do it over again.

·
2,521 Posts
Anyone have part numbers for XC C/A rear bushes?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I have the rear front poly bushing and the rear rubber, but the only place that will install it is a Volvo Dealer and they want $220 to put in the bushings... (out of the car already)

I tried a mechanic, machine shop, volvo mechanic, and none of them could do it.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I am going to make some more calls tomorrow. Which one is that?
I've done several bushing replacements including poly in front. No complaints about poly but I wonder how long they will last. If as long as bushings on upgraded sways (about 20-25k miles), it's not worth it. I'd stick with OEM XC70 bushings for front and back, both are beefier than S/V bushings. If you're interested, send me your control arms with new bushings and I will press them in for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I cant imagine it would be worth it to ship them out to you... wish you were closer. Everyone makes it seem like its an impossible job..
It is possible only if you have fittings and press. Not every vice is strong enough to do the job. Not many places want to deal with this because it takes time to find or make their own fittings that won't damage the control arm. If fittings and press are available, it should not take more than 1.5-2 hours to swap bushings.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts