SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2002 S60 for my college age daughter. The console cup holder lid is broken and detached from the unit. I would like to replace the entire beverage holder. Volvo service told me that you have to "open up the console" to do this. Has any one had any experience with this job? Is it difficult?<p>Thanks for your help.<p>Gene

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Replacing console beverage holder on 2002 S60 (mopsik)

Do what I did:<br>As they are stock, they are useless as the lid 1/2 open vertically interferes with most any drink you may have there.<br>I took off the lid (as yours apparently is now), trimmed a couple of rubber blocks for feet for the front so now when closed it just sits there (looks like stock). When I want to use the now fully open cupholders I put the lid either in the rear seat or in the glovebox.<br>I also glued a small vinyl tab on the front so I don't have to fumble to remove it. Pick up the tab and it's in your hand<br>If you want a picture, email me and I'll shoot you one off.<br>This takes about 15 minutes to do this if you're handy.<br>The other alternative is to just leave it off. The cupholder then is larger and easier to use

1 - 2 of 2 Posts