SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acquired an IPD TCV, and wanted to install today. big mistake. the way the IPD unit is constructed, the hose layout doesn't really match stock. the wastgate and intake hoses are no problem, but the compressor hose (in my case) was too short to stretch all the way to where the bracket placed the tcv. not only that, but the male part on the tcv was too big to fit into the hose (LOL! :p). very hard to reach in there, and leverage was difficult, but eventually forcing it on caused the hose to begin to split.

so i need to replace that compressor hose with a longer (maybe 3-4cm) and slightly larger diameter hose. problem is that the other end is pretty much impossible to reach. snaking my hand in there, i can just touch its clamp on the turbo assembly with my fingers, through and around all the metal piping. are there any tricks for making that swap?

i got it all back together with the old tcv (including a slightly split compressor host -- cut some off -- biting nails) so the car is drivable, but i want to get that fixed asap. might just have to reach in there with knife and needle nose to wreck the hose to get it off. alternative might be to splice, but that seems icky.

any bright ideas or wisdom much appreciated. this is the first time i've attempted something not strictly necessary on the car, and got my comeuppance!

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts