1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
134 Posts
Forge is releasing one too in the next week or so I have been told, I think I may buy it just to bling up the engine bay.... not that u can see it down there at the back....

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Has anyone ever bought replacement wastegate actuator for our K24 turbo?
I found himni-racing.com has them for sale, but am not sure which type to get.
Any feedback is appreciated!! :thumbup:
We have a production ready prototype actuator that tested well, so we will be releasing a production ready unit *very* soon.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
And this is to help 'tired' wastegates and doesn't provide any benefit unless your's is going south?

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
And this is to help 'tired' wastegates and doesn't provide any benefit unless your's is going south?
Our wastegate upgrade replaces the factory diaphragm operated wastegate with a piston/spring operated wastegate (the diaphragm can tear from excess boost/heat, and the internal spring can get looser over time). As such, it is also meant to be a "performance wastegate". Because the wastegate will be fully servicable unlike the factory wastegate, you can install stiffer springs to prevent the wastegate flapper from prematurely opening from excess exhaust gas flow, thereby leading to more consistent and accurate boost control by the ECU.

The factory wastegate is not sold separately from Volvo, and only comes with new turbocharger assemblies.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Is this going to come standard on your hydrid turbo once you release it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts