SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to have my rear brakes done. From what I gather from this forum the OEM rotors are not very good. My general thought is that this is correct. My fronts are warped at this point and that seems to be a common occurrence. Wondering if the newer OEM rotors are any good or if people are going aftermarket. The dealer has indicated that they will try to get the front rotors covered under warranty if I do the rear brakes with them using OEM parts. This puts a wrench in my plan to go aftermarket (thinking Stoptech) given that there is some value in getting the fronts replaced for free.

Thanks for any help (i.e. thoughts on going OEM for aftermarket - and if aftermarket, which brands).

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've put cheap aftermarket rotors that lasted for about 3k miles before they warped. I'm ready to go with a StopTech kit just so that I don't have to deal with the headache again.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
641 Posts
20k miles on my Stoptech kit with no issues... :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
I’m running stoptech solid rotors up front with Porterfeild RS4 pads. I only have like 7,000miles on them, so far, so good. Every now and again I get a pulsation, I just bed the pads in again and it’s fine for a while. Rear brakes are Stoptech slotted rotors and OEM Volvo pads.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I did these primarily for looks, but they also seem to work nicely. I paid just under $500 and then my time. I have tried StopTech's version of pads in the front and did not like the dust, so I went with a ProStop ceramic pad that seems to work well. The rears I am running Red pads from the UK. At first they dusted a lot more than the OEM. I am giving them a chance to bed in to see if that continues. The brakes seem to wear nicely on the T8. I went with 366 mm fronts replacing the OEM 371mm and I think it was 340mm in the rear.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I did these primarily for looks, but they also seem to work nicely. I paid just under $500 and then my time. I have tried StopTech's version of pads in the front and did not like the dust, so I went with a ProStop ceramic pad that seems to work well. The rears I am running Red pads from the UK. At first they dusted a lot more than the OEM. I am giving them a chance to bed in to see if that continues. The brakes seem to wear nicely on the T8. I went with 366 mm fronts replacing the OEM 371mm and I think it was 340mm in the rear.

I really like your rotors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
I’m running stoptech solid rotors up front with Porterfeild RS4 pads. I only have like 7,000miles on them, so far, so good. Every now and again I get a pulsation, I just bed the pads in again and it’s fine for a while. Rear brakes are Stoptech slotted rotors and OEM Volvo pads.
I will install Zimmermann rotors when OE are done. How are the RS4 pads? I have them on our Audi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts