SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there is very little or nothing specific to SPA XC60 rear hatch window replacement, as a topic, on Swedespeed, I thought I'd start a thread.

Parked on the street in downtown SF, I had my rear hatch and rear 1/4 window broken at night last week. I contacted my insurance so all the costs are with them, so I have nothing specific yet. Safelite is the window replacement chain in the SF Bay Area and the default for my insurance. The shop is 5 minute drive from my house. But Volvo glass is not easily acquired. the estimated replacement is 3 weeks after my claim.

I'll provide an updates as I get them for everyone's future reference.

FWIW, my gymbag, under the cargo tarp, with only sweaty clothes and shower flip flops, was what they ended up with. and my rear Garmin camera was still attached to the upper rear glass!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nothing sucks worse than coming to your car and seeing that someone has attacked it.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Unfortunately, it happens everywhere in the world :angryfire:

3 weeks for replace the glass ???? :confused:
It's incredible that Volvo US does not have on stock, it's normal to have it in stock

·
Registered
1 Posts
Parked on the street in downtown SF
Sorry to see that, exactly the same color as my XC60 too. :(
OOT. I think it's a big problem in SF, our rental car was broken into 3 weeks ago while we were on holiday over there. This happened close to the Palace of fine arts:

·
Registered
25 Posts
There are numerous threads on this forum about Volvo parts being difficult to get hold of. That will be a serious consideration when I replace my XC60. It is outrageous to have to wait 3 weeks for something like OEM glass.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Wow. That's pretty ****ty. Hope you . got some footage on your camera.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
That's unfortunate; it seems that a lot of that have been happening in the Bay Area recently. Hope you get it resolved soon.

Curious; was the cargo cover in that raised mode (as in the picture), or was it fully closed?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I waited 6 weeks for a hood when I hit a deer with my current XC60.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Whilst I don't have current experience, its common for new models from many manufacturers to have repair parts availability issues (based on conversations with body repairers).
3 weeks is better than delays I've heard for other manufacturers. Typically small items are air freighted, but sometimes they don't even seem to have inventory at the manufacturer.

I agree its poor but they are all JIT.

I was able to get same day replacement glass for an XC90 5 years after model release (about as far from Sweden as you can get).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts