SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's XC90 V8 MY2007 (Australian Delivery) has a fault that leads back to the oil pressure sensor on the rear Diff's Haldex unit. My mechanic has changed the pressure sensor but it continues to show the fault with the new sensor.
My mechanic has contacted Volvo in an attempt to replace the oil pump, but has been told that they do not sell parts for the Haldex - indeed they will only sell him a complete Diff for A$6,000 . This seems extraordinarily unusual to me. Surely Haldex manufacture and sell replacement parts.
Has anyone been able to obtain replacement parts for their Haldex system?:mad:

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
You may want to contact a breaker in the States or UK.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Breaker

I have looked at a few over here in Australia- but they are T5 and D5's no V8's. I am worried that they might be a different spec. Will follow-up with my Mechanic. I would however much prefer to buy new parts with warranty etc..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haldex Fixed

Good news ! Found a decent dealer who diagnosed the issue related to a faulty electric oil pump. A$800 for a new one and we are back in action. The big issue is that it drives so well now -I realise that the pump has been faulty for at least 4 years. I have been checking the steering geometry, the suspension, the CV joints ....and all the time it has been the Haldex oil pump.

So if your XC 90 has any vibration under acceleration, and you are chewing out your front tyres, and it feels like it is wobbling all over the place- get the Haldex checked out!!!!!!!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts