SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after 4 1/2 years of R ownership, I am freaking done with Gobi (tan) colored carpet in my V70R.

I live out in the country, with a gravel driveway and most of it is a mixture of snow and mud right now. I also have 2 kids that like to spill stuff in the back. I like how dark gray or black carpet hides the stains much better.

My Gobi carpet looks hideous during the winter here, and I usually end up steam cleaning it and applying Chemicial Guys fabric guard 2x a year, just to get all the, mud dirt and grime out of it. I really don't mind the Gobi leather but the carpet has got to go.

I have always just wanted to swap out the interior for a black one, but in more than 4 years of owning a Volvo I have never seen anything close to what I would want at the junk yard.

I think I am done with Gobi carpet, and I'm going to start searching for either black carpet (or o will settle for the gray carpet from an XC). Now I know the seats changed from 04 to 06 (my new v70r is an 06) but is the carpet the same for all years of the P2?

I know that the carpet is really 3 separate parts so I can shop around and find the best condition of each part of the carpet (driver,passenger, rear).

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'd like to know this, too. My interior is currently stripped out and I need carpet bad. I'd assume it's all the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After countless hours searching Tasca and other parts sellers, it looks like wagon carpets are NLA new from Volvo which sucks.

·
Registered
878 Posts
After countless hours searching Tasca and other parts sellers, it looks like wagon carpets are NLA new from Volvo which sucks.
Aye, that does suck. I recently noticed the drivers side of mine was cracked at the base of the left foot rest and I was hoping to get a new one. Mine is Gobi, FYI. ;)

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm getting ready to refinish the interior on my 1972 Century Resorter ski boat, and have come across some very nice marine carpet.
I would certainly have to think twice about putting this in my R.... but if you can get a nice seam, and could practice on some samples, it might turn out very nice and be cost effective. A heat gun might allow it take a shape.

... I was considering this on a cheap conv Saab.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aye, that does suck. I recently noticed the drivers side of mine was cracked at the base of the left foot rest and I was hoping to get a new one. Mine is Gobi, FYI. ;)
If you just want Gobi spend some time on eBay and browsing the other Volvo parts sellers. I bet if you find a used set from some one that lived in a southern state with out all the muck and gunk, you could find a set of the Gobi color carpets in pretty good condition, and then spend some time with the "steam cleaner" with the right cleaning chemicals and you could get a used carpet set pretty clean out side the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts