SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been to Pep Boys and AutoZone to find a replacement for the little bulb which is in the rear bumper, covered by a red lens. There are two of thse in the rear bumper, one on each side and are marker or running lights. The computer in both of those stores indicates a Sylvania 7225, which is totally wrong.

I'd like to replace this myself and avoid the dealership. Does anyone have a part number and manufacturer for this bulb?

Many thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Re: Replacement bulb for marker/position light which is in rear bumper??? (Johnny Cakes)

In the MY07 those are the rear fog lights, H21W, socket BAY9s, 21w.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Replacement bulb for marker/position light which is in rear bumper??? (Asfalto)

Hmmmm, I found the bulb you mentioned online:
http://tinyurl.com/nzap44
and they had a picture of the bulb, which is definitely not the right one.

This is not a fog lamp but rather a running light in the bumper:

Modified by Johnny Cakes at 5:53 PM 5-29-2009

Modified by Johnny Cakes at 6:21 PM 5-29-2009

·
Registered
111 Posts
Re: Replacement bulb for marker/position light which is in rear bumper??? (dachshund2)

In my MY 06 manual, its not quite right if memory serves correctly. I think it states the bumper light is the fog, but not true. The rear fog light is in the tailight assembly and only on the drivers side. I will look tomorrow, as I just had one replaced at the dealer during an oil change. But I think they only charged $4.00 and change, so I didn't consider it all that expensive. Since the auto parts store charge about that for a two pack. And I don't remember any of them being uncommon bulbs.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The rear bumper lights are running lights, and at least on Canadian models, are on all of the time. The rear fog light is the left bumper light, which serves double duty.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Re: (Pinstripe)

Try this guide: http://www.sylvania.com/Consum...s.htm

The rear lights changed for MY07, so perhaps Pep Boys and Autozone are looking up info for the wrong model year. I think the bumper lights on my '07 are the rear fog and a reflector. The link above is for a 2003 XC90. You can try your manual as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Replacement bulb for marker/position light which is in rear bumper??? (dachshund2)

Quote, originally posted by dachshund2 »
I used sylvania 2825(W5W).

Pay the man! That worked. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts