SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
I always go with Philips Ultinon. Don't waste your money on cheap HID bulbs, you have to pay for quality and longevity.
Color is up to you preference. I like 6000K for the pure white, but 5000K illuminates a bit better.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I replaced mine with Phillips bulbs from The Retrofit Source, they were around direct replacement color around 4200k.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Quite frankly the OEM Osram or Phillips seem to last the longest with no issues. You will want to replace the pair or they won't match. This eBay Vendor has been good to me. Genuine bulbs at a good price. Not a Chinese knockoff.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/bulbs.html

if you want oem quality and look, the $85 philips 85122 is the way to go. yellowish oem look but great quality and reliability. i tried them but thought they were too yellow.
for oem quality that's white 5-6000k, you'll have to pay double for the philips ultinon or osram cbi. appreciate those who've had luck buying from ebay or amazon, but there are way too many fakes that look genuine. would just buy save up and be sure to get the real deal from a genuine retailer like TRS. TRS' bulb prices are fair and they have occassional discounts were you and can get 10-15% of stuff.

or for $50/pair, i've had good experience with TRS' morimoto xb bulbs which is what i use in all our cars...4300k in our odyssey, 5000k in the volvo and accord.

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
Exactly what I bought to refresh mine after 100,000 miles. Phillips d2s 85122+
That's one thing I love about xenon bulbs, they last a lot longer. I know a lot of people who intentionally avoid factory HIDs because of the bulb price. But it works out to about the same if you're counting $$ per mile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts