SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just picked up a 2017 V90CC. Our Outback XT serviced us well, but at 10 years old was showing its age (and a misfire I couldn't get rid of). So found this used V90 locally. I saw it show up at my Volvo dealer over last weekend and spent the week last week test driving it and negotiating the purchase. So we replaced the Subaru (our 3rd) with our 4th Volvo!

Here is a quick picture of the V90 and our S60 together at work (the wife and I work at the same place):

IMG_2882.jpg

It seems to be quite nice, very solid, even knowing Volvo this one seems extremely well executed. Previous owner also appears to have been quite meticulous with their ownership, doesn't seem to have a spot on it or in it.

Looking forward to enjoying it.

Kent

·
Registered
760 Posts
Congrats !! Wow ... you and your wife work at the same place, both of you drive a Volvo.
Must both love showing off your Volvos .. obvious question ... can't carpool to work :cool: ??

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Now that's some trading up! Congrats!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I agree...you don't buy one of these to save money. I kept my first Volvo 15 years, have lots of parts receipts to show :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats !! Wow ... you and your wife work at the same place, both of you drive a Volvo.
Must both love showing off your Volvos .. obvious question ... can't carpool to work :cool: ??
would like to carpool, but different hours, some overlap.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Congratulations. How do you find the driving dynamics on the highway and streets in comparison to the Subaru?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congratulations. How do you find the driving dynamics on the highway and streets in comparison to the Subaru?
Our Subaru was the previous generation Outback. The two cars are very different. My impression so far is the V90 is much more a luxury ride, the Outback was much harsher. The V90 seems to have plenty of power which I was slightly concerned about coming from the turbo outback. As the Subaru aged (and I did) I found that I avoided driving it (it was my wife's car), just from a comfort and honestly the 5 speed. Also with two children the back seat in this is much roomier than the version of Outback we had. So far quite happy with the V90, this is my first Volvo wagon :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Makes sense, thanks for sharing!
This is my first Volvo, just as you, I think it is more luxurious than the previous 5-series wagon I had.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
FWIW, I had a 2014 and a 2016 Outback and now own an XC90 and S60 and aside from the differences noted above the seats are 100% better on long drives than in the Subie. Its become one of the biggest reasons we drive Volvos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nice car, but you won`t get 10 years without spending dollars
I'm assuming you have never owned a Subaru. They are great cars, but they are maintenance intensive. I had my Subaru for almost 10 years and spent probably less than $1 on repairs, but I spent $2k-$3k over the life doing the regular maintenance intervals, timing belts, etc and sold it before any head gasket/turbo issues happened.

My wife's 2013 S60 has been great so far, just passing 6 years of ownership, and beyond a couple items repaired under the warranty, we haven't done anything beyond regular oil changes and the 40k maintenance interval. We shall see with the SPA XC90 and V90CC if they are as durable, but so far they have been reliable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts