SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I decided to replace the lower transmission torque mount along with the upper mount,
Now I get a small, irritating vibration at low speed. I just jacked the car up and bolted the new one in.
Was I supposed to take some pressure off the tranny and tighten the middle bolt, or am I just jumping the gun and give it awhile to break in a bit ?
As I write this I also did not check the mount on the passenger side, could the two new one be putting more strain on the that one?

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Year, mileage, trim?
Did you replace them with OE? Aftermarket? Poly bushings?
Yes, replacing a couple mounts can suddenly expose problems with other mounts. The one under the crank pulley is the next weakest mount.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Hi

I decided to replace the lower transmission torque mount along with the upper mount,
Now I get a small, irritating vibration at low speed. I just jacked the car up and bolted the new one in.
Was I supposed to take some pressure off the tranny and tighten the middle bolt, or am I just jumping the gun and give it awhile to break in a bit ?
As I write this I also did not check the mount on the passenger side, could the two new one be putting more strain on the that one?

Thanks
Joe
The trick is to put it in drive (with an assistant with feet on brake obviously), before tightening the bolt (horizontal rod) in the top busing all the way down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The trick is to put it in drive (with an assistant with feet on brake obviously), before tightening the bolt (horizontal rod) in the top busing all the way down.
Sorry about the lack of info, New to this forum....

it is an 07 S60 2.5T FWD , the one in there now is an aftermarket OEM type, I did try the poly, but the vibration was really bad, nice shifting, but irritating cabin vibration(guess I'm getting old!!!!)

I'm going to check the one under the crank and try to adjust the tranny one in drive

The bolt you are referencing to adjust is the one in the center where it pivots? Wait what other one can it be...lol!!

Thanks Again

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
The bolt you are referencing to adjust is the one in the center where it pivots? Wait what other one can it be...lol!!
yeah, there is only 1 bolt in the upper engine mount mount

you don't need to adjust the lower trans mount, there is nothing to adjust on that one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts