SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the topic says i replaced the low beam bulb on my 98 xc70. i've heard that these cars go through the bulbs a bit, but now i've replaced the bulb for the second time in a year. this time the new bulb doesn't work. <p>is it possible that the new bulb is bad? could touching the glass on the bulb make a difference? (i think i touched it)<p>i looked at the old bulb this morning and noticed that the filament is still intact. does that mean the the bulb wasn't burned out to begin with?<p>finally, the whole headlight assembly is loose. could this be the problem?<p>any help is sincerely appreciated...we get pulled over for burned out headlights is south carolina. would really like to avoid that. <p>Pierce

·
Registered
198 Posts
Re: replaced low beam headlight bulb still no light....help please (sc-pierce)

You could switch the bulbs from side to side or high to low beam and that would settle the question about a bad bulb. No touching the glass would not cause it to not work, only later would it fail due to excess heat build up. The light fixture should be secure in the car, that sounds like a problem, not that it would effect the lighting of the bulb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts