SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I got a message that said "Full Guard". Did anyone else get this message? What does it mean?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've replaced multiple batteries in Rs and have never seen that message. I'm sure it has something to do with the alarm and it's sensors. Maybe it's telling you that if anyone tries to break into the car, a 7 ft Viking will appear and nullify the situation.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
It's related to the (upgraded) alarm system resetting - you should also get it if you use the dash button to turn off the internal motion sensor (for leaving a dog in the caR, for instance) and you restart your caR.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What else should I be aware of after disconnecting the battery? Does my RICA tune stay intact?

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I've replaced multiple batteries in Rs and have never seen that message. I'm sure it has something to do with the alarm and it's sensors. Maybe it's telling you that if anyone tries to break into the car, a 7 ft Viking will appear and nullify the situation.
Maybe, but if it's a Minnesota Viking, no need to worry. He'd be looking the wrong direction and not see the intruder.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What else should I be aware of after disconnecting the battery? Does my RICA tune stay intact?
Remembering of course that before you reconnect the battery terminals, you must ensure the ignition is switched 'ON'.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Remembering of course that before you reconnect the battery terminals, you must ensure the ignition is switched 'ON'.
We didn't do this. Now what?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Maybe try it again, bax? Unhook it, let it sit for half an hour or so, then reconnect it in the "On" position.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I've never reconnected the battery while ignition is in the 'on' position - why are you advising him to do this, what have you heard??

Just last weekend I had the battery disconnected (had to take out the radio, CCM, etc).

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Volvo OEM

·
Registered
171 Posts
Im on the original battery and i drive a 05 Sr. Probably replacing mine soon as well. Any brand suggestions???

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I've never reconnected the battery while ignition is in the 'on' position - why are you advising him to do this, what have you heard??

Just last weekend I had the battery disconnected (had to take out the radio, CCM, etc).
its because if the airbag blows, you want it to blow when your hand is not over the airbag reaching for the ignition or sitting in the drivers seat.
thats all...

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
its because if the airbag blows, you want it to blow when your hand is not over the airbag reaching for the ignition or sitting in the drivers seat.
thats all...
Looks like our cars are safer while they are moving. Or maybe it's just a plot to get us to bring our cars to the dealer. Try and do it yourself and your own car will punch you in the face haha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts