SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I crawled around in the forum for awhile but couldn't find any solid guidance on this. Last night my XC70 failed VA state inspection due to a stuck driver's window. :facepalm: I left the car with the mechanic who diagnosed the issue as a window regulator and then announced that it was "really hard to fix" and I'd be better off taking it to the dealer ($75 gone...).

Is this replacement a nightmare (I did read that it involves drilling out some rivets)? I'm patient and reasonably skilled- if there is a guide out there I'd be willing to make a go at it.

The other question is parts- I've found aftermarket regulators at about $150 (vs the $700!) quoted by the dealer. Can I use these or do they need some sort of dealer re-flash to work? Another alternative would be a junk yard part but I'd hate to go through the effort of installing the part just to have it fail.

For the record, following some advice here, I already replaced the switch unit (super easy) but it had no effect.

Any and all help (including "you really don't want to do this") is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Guy
Arlington VA

1 - 1 of 1 Posts