SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing my timing belt, pulleys, accessory belts, & water pump at 90k and was wondering if you guys change the thermostat too?

any other things that I should look at at 90k miles? any passages/valves on the turbo that I need to clean? I just replaced my PCV at 87k.

Thank you.

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Won't hurt!

·
Registered
484 Posts
I am doing my timing belt, pulleys, accessory belts, & water pump at 90k and was wondering if you guys change the thermostat too?

any other things that I should look at at 90k miles? any passages/valves on the turbo that I need to clean? I just replaced my PCV at 87k.

Thank you.
I haven't changed mine at 125K, actually i totally forgot about it otherwise i would have. It depends on if you have your stock air-box in the car, and if your doing the job yourself? If mechanic is doing it yeah have him change it as the only thing making it hard is air-box removal.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all

I'm too early for the miles but its a 7 year old belt, I also saw some cracks on the belt when I changed my plugs.

Yes, I'll have a machanic do it but I will be supplying all the parts down to distilled water.
He quoted me $850 for TB, WP, T-stat, accessory belts, pull and drop the oil pan, plus ATF drain and fill.

And yes, removing the stock airbox is work. I had some battle scars when I replaced my PCV assembly and when I drained and filled the ATF. Go figure

·
Registered
484 Posts
Make sure you also change idler pulley and TB tensioner. Idk but 850 for labor only seems kinda high to me unless he is buying the parts. But again im not sure how much it payes for this kind of a job... and yes def change the thermostat since its only 10-15 part anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts