SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 68 Posts

· Registered
17,327 Posts
@OP - I am thinking that a quart at 2500 miles is high. I’m comparing this to my vehicles, I burn less than a quart every 10k miles.
Uh, the point of his post was that he was able to reduce consumption from a quart every 2,500 miles to now not having burned any oil in 1,500 miles.

Reactions: Loganryan911

· Registered
17,327 Posts
@ captain obvious. The title of the post said “high” - high and normal are two different things. The point of my post was that I thought a quart at 2500 was high, and that something else might be wrong.

Thanks for your astute observation.
You are correct, burning a quart of oil every 2,500 miles is probably high consumption, but here is the title of the thread:

Repairing High Oil Consumption with Fuel and Oil Additives - 6 month update - it works!

He indicates that he was burning a quart of oil every 2,500 miles and since he added the treatment he hasn't burned any oil in 1,500 miles.

So your brilliant observation is that since his car has oil consumption he should trade it in. Note to the reader: His car doesn't have oil consumption anymore.

Please keep keep enlightening us with your pearls of wisdom.

Reactions: Loganryan911

· Registered
17,327 Posts
Volvo does not condone additives of any kind. Use only full synthetic A5/B5 5W-30 in your engine. If you have a 2013 S60 with the 5 cylinder engine, it should now be covered by the newly launched 100K oil consumption extended warranty just launched by Volvo. Check with your local Volvo Retailer for details.
Does that warranty only apply to first owners of vehicles?

· Registered
17,327 Posts
Are you referring to an extended warranty contract? Which contract did you buy and what was its cost?
I think it's an extended warranty being provided by Volvo to original owners with less than 100k miles at no cost, possibly to get out in front of the class action lawsuit that was filed.

Volvo should really issue a press release describing the program in detail.

· Registered
17,327 Posts

· Registered
17,327 Posts
Before this mention of an extended warranty gratis becomes internet myth, has anyone received anything in writing or found an official Volvo announcement online that can be shared?
No, but a post above from a senior VCNA employee would be enough for me to bring my car to the dealer if it had this issue. I don't think it's an internet myth.

1 - 6 of 68 Posts