SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are there any good repair manuals for the 2006 C70. Seems like there are some helpful vids on YouTube but steps are skipped during processes etc. Just hoping to get something to help with general maintenance etc. For example, there are a couple of vids about cabin filter replacement. One removes the lower dash (but doesn't show how) and a second works without removing the dash. Tried the latter, but way too tight to work for me. Looked for a vid on how to remove the lower panel and the guy who did the vid had the waterfall console removed - - not sure if that is necessary, but, he didn't show how it was done. Looked for the official manual, but, just finding sites that offer PDFs of shop manuals which would be great, but, I don't know that I trust the source..tried AllData and that was of no help with even small stuff that I was looking for. For example, it looks like the strut tower brace needs to be removed to get to the battery but that was not covered on all data (at least I could not find the info). Didn't want to remove the tower brace without knowing the torque specs to reinstall.

Not trying to be a downer but I am finding doing just about anything without a manual to be an exercise in frustration.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Google VIDA 2014D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Google VIDA 2014D
Thanks for the info. I use a Mac so I am looking at setting up an external drive with bootcamp and Windows 10. However, just wondering if there are any other options? Has anyone compared AllData to VIDA - just wondering how different they are? I didn't have much luck with AllData but the navigation is not great (or maybe its me).

Thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
AllData gets all their info direct from the OEM's, so it's quality information. The problem is that a lot of it is not on the site. Shop owners can call in and get it faxed to them, but I don't believe that DYI members have access to the added info.

In the end VIDA is the best source.

·
Registered
98 S70 Base, 06 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 08 C70 M66, 11 XC90 V8, 13 C70 P*
948 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts