SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 years ago my S60 had to get a paint job after a minor cosmetic accident, the paint job went well and no one would tell what part it was painted until now, I started to see some cracks in the paint of that area.
Any suggestions on how I can fix that? some sort of Wax maybe? or should I try the transparent coating pen (OEM VOLVO) to cover those cracks?
So far I tried the Trim Restorer cream (from Walmart)(Spotless remove them completely!!), it does hide the paint cracks for about a month and then they reappear. anyone know of any more permanent solutions?
20190724_175850.jpg

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
The permanent solution would be to get that sub-par paint job redone! Most reputable shops would take care of that under some form of warranty, I'd hope. Is that on the rear pillar by the rear window?

·
Registered
13,495 Posts
Yeah, I think that just needs to be repainted. No wax is going to fix that. I'd bring it back to the place that did it and make them fix it.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Agree with all suggestions above. This is the result of a low quality paint job.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your suggestions, the problem is that local store is no longer open (they closed a year and half ago) and it's now a burger restaurant :beer:
I really don't want to pay for this paint job again that's why I was looking to see if there is any alternative solution, especially that as I mentioned all those cracks disappear completely when I apply the trim restorer so I assume they gotta be a way to hide them permanently since the problem is in the top gloss transparent layer.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Find a detail shop that can wet sand your clearcoat and try and paint correct that area. That may help, but I would try a few detailers or body shops.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Thank you all for your suggestions, the problem is that local store is no longer open (they closed a year and half ago) and it's now a burger restaurant :beer:
I really don't want to pay for this paint job again that's why I was looking to see if there is any alternative solution, especially that as I mentioned all those cracks disappear completely when I apply the trim restorer so I assume they gotta be a way to hide them permanently since the problem is in the top gloss transparent layer.
Was it an insurance claim? I know that State Farm provides a lifetime warranty on any repair done by a State Farm preferred body shop.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So an update on this, I painted the cracked paint area myself with the (Volvo Clear Coat touchup), I will wetsand it with 2000 Grit 3M Sandpaper then use the compound\Polish on it.
I know I went the cheap way but it won't hurt to try... avoiding paying $$$ at the paint shop.

·
Registered
187 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts