SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sixt is a new-to-the-USA car rental company from Germany that specializes in renting BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Volvo, etc. I was just down in Florida and made a reservation with them, because I was hoping to get an S60 or V60; I did have a base-version V60 for two days (4K on the odometer).

It sure made me appreciate my S60 R-Design. I missed the power, torque, acceleration, tighter and lowered suspension, better seats, and handling. And the all-seasons were so noisy! Other than the familiar controls, it's such a different-driving car! I disabled (every time I started the car) the start-stop "feature" and will refuse to buy a car with anything like that unless it can be universally disabled, forever, with one decision, not every single time I get into the car.

But the Sensus navigation was much more polite than mine; the lady always says "please" before telling you to prepare to turn.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
It sure made me appreciate my S60 R-Design.
This is exactly how my day with a loaner made me feel.

It has me thinking I should really become a two car guy - one daily driver that's very practical and numb and one fantastic sports car that I will actually be able to properly appreciate thanks to the contrast.

I think I'd name the daily drive Novocaine.

·
Registered
2016 Porsche Boxster S. 2021 s60 T8 Polestar Engineered
165 Posts
Sixt is a new-to-the-USA car rental company from Germany that specializes in renting BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Volvo, etc. I was just down in Florida and made a reservation with them, because I was hoping to get an S60 or V60; I did have a base-version V60 for two days (4K on the odometer).

It sure made me appreciate my S60 R-Design. I missed the power, torque, acceleration, tighter and lowered suspension, better seats, and handling. And the all-seasons were so noisy! Other than the familiar controls, it's such a different-driving car! I disabled (every time I started the car) the start-stop "feature" and will refuse to buy another car with anything like that unless it can be universally disabled one time.

But the Sensus navigation was much more polite than mine; the lady always says "please" before telling you to prepare to turn.
I just did the same in Atlanta from Sixt. The car is completely different from an S60 RD. The Auto stop was annoying in traffic and it was under 86 degrees in Atlanta. I drove it to North Carolina/Orlando and only averaged 34mpg. I can get 32-33mpg out of my 6 cylinder. Maybe that was because the car only had 24miles on it when I got it.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I just did the same in Atlanta from Sixt. The car is completely different from an S60 RD. The Auto stop was annoying in traffic and it was under 86 degrees in Atlanta. I drove it to North Carolina/Orlando and only averaged 34mpg. I can get 32-33mpg out of my 6 cylinder. Maybe that was because the car only had 24miles on it when I got it.
what year car do you have? really, 32 mpg with a six cylinder? I don't think that's normal, is it?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I rented a V60 T5 Drive-E from them a few months ago for a road trip/thorough test drive. Driving 70% hwy/30% city, I saw 500 miles/tank of gas.

My wife and I REALLY want one since that experience. The plan is to wait until they start showing up CPO before we buy though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.