1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
+1. Nice idea. dougy mod.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I did that to mine as well. Made no sense having to take all the other pieces off for that one lonely bolt.

Now I can swap mounts like a F1 pit stop. :)

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Oh but the wrapped pipe looks like a cold weather garment. In the winter months you could switch to red for the holidays. Sell it as the charge pipe scarf.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The wrapped charged pipe pursuit was fun watching though. Helium in tires for more lift is still to come. ;)

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Needs color!

·
Registered
9,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see Dave, when you are re-installing your charge pipe before tightening your clamp(the second one closer to the turbo) you need to twist it up, cause it will not be parallel with your blue cover and there are more chances for it to scratch up your colorful blue cover...then it'll be all ashy looking in that area and you dont want that. ;)

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Dougy
Add this for some color:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Anyone have a round-style mount they want to trade for a square? I'm at your service!

·
Registered
9,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Anyone have a round-style mount they want to trade for a square? I'm at your service!
noo, but you can have square poly bushing for 60$ ...meet you half way and it is new.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...pper-cover-mod&p=2340511&posted=1#post2340511

this is a mod of the year...lol...if you'd like to get to it faster just to keep an eye on that T- belt sliding off do to hitting those supersonic boom speeds...:D...oh boy...

hey , I can replace all my plugs and coils in 15 minutes total.

tools needed drill, drill bit-large, round file, razor blade.

drill and file the hole of that star bolt...and cut it flush with razor blade on other side.

now you can leave the star bolts in tight and simply clip and un-clip the cover without the removal of star screws ...it interlocks to the long cover anyway.

this is a mod of the year...lol...if you'd like to get to it faster just to keep an eye on that T- belt sliding off do to hitting those supersonic boom speeds...:D...oh boy...

hey , I can replace all my plugs and coils in 15 minutes total.

tools needed drill, drill bit-large, round file, razor blade.

drill and file the hole of that star bolt...and cut it flush with razor blade on other side.

now you can leave the star bolts in tight and simply clip and un-clip the cover without the removal of star screws ...it interlocks to the long cover anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts